REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: Multinational-West African Power Pool (Côte D’Ivoire and Liberia)
225 kV WAPP CÔTE D’IVOIRE - LIBERIA INTERCONNECTION REINFORCEMENT PROJECT
Project Code: P-Z1-FA0-139 Grant Number No: 5150155002951
Assignment title: Line Route and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Study for the 225 kV WAPP Côte d'Ivoire - Liberia Interconnection Reinforcement Project
The WEST AFRICAN POWER POOL (hereinafter referred to as “the Borrower”) has applied for financing from the New Partnership for Africa Development - Infrastructure Project Preparatory Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB), towards the cost of the 225 kV WAPP Côte D'Ivoire - Liberia Interconnection Reinforcement Project, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for Line Route and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Study for the 225 kV WAPP Côte d 'Ivoire - Liberia Interconnection Reinforcement Project.
The Services included under this project are:
- Proposal of Line Route and Corridor Mapping
- Detailed Survey and Profiling of Line Route
- Preparation of Maps and Drawings including Cadastral Mapping of individual farmlands and affected properties
- Catalogue all eligible villages / town / communities in the Line Route Study Report describing among others, their exact power Line Route distance from the proposed Line Route / Substation, population, and general geographical layout to enable the Consultant implementing the Feasibility Study to make an appropriate proposal.
- Proposal and Selection of Substation sites
- Detailed Survey of Substation Sites
- Preparation of Topological Drawings including Cadastral Drawings
- Close collaboration with Consultant implementing Feasibility Study in relation to the Line Route.
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA):
- Study of Existing Environment
- Identification & Assessment of Potential Environmental and Social Impacts
- Identification of Mitigation Measures
- Risk and Accident Management
- Conduct Public Consultations
- Preparation of a Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
- Preparation of Environmental & Social Management Plan (ESMP)
- Preparation of Illustrative Materials
- Training: Knowledge Transfer through training of counterpart staff
- Public Information and Sensitization Campaign
The WEST AFRICAN POWER POOL (WAPP) now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s Procurement Framework, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Specifically, Consultants should demonstrate that they have:
- Relevant experiences and competences in Line Route Studies of high voltage (at least 161 kV) cross-border interconnection projects covering at least two countries;
- Relevant experiences and competences in the preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Studies;
- Relevant experiences and competences in the preparation of Resettlement Action Plans (RAP) and in the preparation of Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP) for Transmission Line Interconnection projects that cross countries;
- Good knowledge of environmental practices in Liberia and Cote d'Ivoire including laws and regulations as well as public utility expropriation and demonstrated environmental issues management;
Interested eligible Consultants may obtain further information by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org; copy to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
All Expressions of Interest must be submitted in English and in French. Due to the Covid-19 crisis, submissions must be done online in PDF format and delivered by email before March 15, 2021 (10:00 am Cotonou time) to the WAPP Secretariat procurement email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest MUST clearly bear in the email subject the mention: "EOI - ESIA for 225 kV WAPP Côte d´Ivoire - Liberia Interconnection Reinforcement Project".
Applicants wishing to participate in the opening of applications received, which will be hosted online, should send a request to the address to Mr. Mouhamadou S. Diedhiou via email@example.com no later than March 8, 2021 and the link to join the virtual meeting will be communicated to them.