The West African Power Pool (WAPP) comprises of four governing structures:
- The General Assembly
- The Executive Board
- The Organizational Committees
- The General Secretariat
The General Assembly (GA)
This is the highest decision body of the WAPP and is composed of all the members’ utilities. The WAPP is made up of 29 member’s utilities.
The Executive Board (EB)
The EB is responsible for implementing the decisions of the General Assembly. To this effect, it has the largest power to ensure the realisation of WAPP mission and objectives.
To date, the EB is composed of 15 members namely:
- 13 Director Generals/Managing Directors and Chief Executive Officers of ECOWAS National Power Utilities
- The Secretary General
- An Honorary Member
The Organizational Committees (OC)
The OC provides support and expertise to the Executive Board on all matters in respect of collective policy formulation functions for developing, maintaining and updating common ‘rules of practices’ on technical, planning, operational and environmental aspects of the WAPP.
The WAPP has five OC:
- The Engineering and Operations Committee (EOC)
- The Strategic Planning and Environment Committee (SPEC)
- The Finance Committee (FC)
- The Human Resource and Governance Committee (HRGC)
- The Distribution and Commercial Committee (DCC)
The General Secretariat
The General Secretariat is the administrative and technical organ in charge of the day–to-day management of the activities of WAPP.
The General Secretariat is composed of three Departments:
- The Department of Information and Coordination Centre
- The Department of Administration & Finance
- The Department of Planning, Investment, Programming and Environmental Safeguards