Recruitment of a consultant for the design and online publication of a web portal for the CIGRE West Africa National Committee (CN CIGRE-AO)
NOTICE FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Recruitment of a consultant for the design and online publication of a web portal for the CIGRE West Africa national committee (CN CIGRE-AO)
The West African Power Pool (WAPP) is a specialized institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) created in 1999 by a decision of the Conference of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS countries. The main missions assigned to WAPP include the promotion and development of electricity production and transmission infrastructure as well as the regional electricity market.
Aware of the human challenges related to the achievement of these missions, WAPP has identified the promotion of skills as one of its priority areas of development. It is in this capacity that he created the CIGRE West Africa National Committee, the objective of which is to promote the collection and dissemination of technical knowledge on electrical systems for the benefit of actors in the electrical sector. This WAPP initiative benefited from the support of the World Bank to create the website of the CIGRE-WA National Committee.
EXTENT OF BENEFITS
The Consultant must provide expert opinions and recommendations to the CIGRE AO National Committee on the model (design) of the web portal that suits his organization and support him in the design, implementation, testing, operation and maintenance of said web portal. The Consultant will have to conduct an analysis of the situation of the information to be collected, processed and disseminated in order to propose a site (portal) that can meet the needs of the CN CIGRE WA Office.
To do this, the Consultant will, among other things, be responsible for:
- study the relevant documentation of the CN CIGRE AO and CIGRE international in order to identify any important information likely to contribute to the development of the web portal and to make relevant recommendations to the CN CIGRE AO;
- propose and validate the technical design (wireframe model, hosting solution, etc.) proposed by the resource persons designated for this purpose by CN CIGRE AO;
- establish the graphic charter and the visual identity of the platform, in accordance with the requirements established by CIGRE International and develop the chosen solution in accordance with the graphic charter;
- intégration et développement du site
- assist in the installation of the portal after validation by CN CIGRE AO;
- Realize the internal recipe, the customer recipe and the online publication
- offer solutions with the functionalities that cover the five (5) areas below: content management system, e-commerce, Social Networking, Intranet and online marketing;
- offer adaptive and responsive solutions that are capable of displaying multiple platforms ranging from larger screens to smaller screens such as tablets and mobile phones.
- use SEO techniques to increase the visibility of the platform in search engines;
- provide coaching, monitoring and technical assistance for the site over a period of three (3) months to ensure the proper functioning of the web portal;
- train administrators and animators of the portal within the CN CIGRE AO Office;
- make available to the CIGRE AO CN, the complete list of source codes (Full source code) including all the library developed.
The detailed Terms of Reference for the assignment can be viewed and/or downloaded HERE
The Consultant must be an Expert-Web Developer, holder of a diploma in computer and communication system (Bac+4) or any other related field;
Knowledge of graphic design would be an asset.
The duration of the mission is six (6) months including three (3) months of assistance. The services of the Expert will be carried out in part at the headquarters of the WAPP General Secretariat to carry out the training of the technical team for an estimated duration of three (3) days.
The WAPP General Secretariat invites eligible Experts to indicate their interest in providing the required Services indicated in the Terms of Reference. Interested Experts must provide information indicating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services by presenting to this effect (a) a cover letter and (b) an up-to-date detailed CV.
The Expert will be selected in accordance with the “Selection of Individual Consultants” method described in the “Procurement Regulations for Borrowers seeking Investment Project Financing (IPF)” of the World Bank Edition of November 2020.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Application files also bearing the mention "Consultant for the design and online publication of a CN CIGRE-AO web portal". They must be sent either in French or - English by e-mail exclusively to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The file will include (i) an application letter as well as (ii) a detailed CV. In particular, relevant references from similar assignments should be highlighted and clearly described.
Deadline for receipt of applications: April 18, 2022 at 11:00 p.m., Cotonou local time.
Further information can be obtained by sending an email to the address below:
email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com