NOTICE FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: Multinational-West African Power Pool
SAHEL BACKGROUND HIGH VOLTAGE INTERCONNECTION PROJECT
(BURKINA – MALI – MAURITANIA – NIGER – CHAD)
Sector: Energy / Electricity
Funding agreement reference:
PROGRAM ID: P-Z1-F00-128 – GRANT No.: 2100155041052
Project Identification Number:
Title of services: Pre-feasibility study of the Sahel Dorsal High Voltage Interconnection Project
The General Secretariat of the West African Power Pool (“WAPP”) has received funding from the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) to cover the cost of the Sahel Backbone High Voltage Power Interconnection Project, and intends to use part of the sums granted under this grant to finance the Pre-Feasibility Study contract for the said project.
The services provided under this contract include, among others:
- Electricity demand studies;
- Network studies and determination of the optimal voltage level of the interconnection line;
- Line layout study including connection of solar parks, choice of substation location, choice of solar park sites;
- Lidar (optional);
- Identification and census of communities/towns and villages along the route of the line and the connection stations;
- Analysis of the available solar resource and solar measurement campaign on each selected site;
- Preliminary design of the transmission line, associated substations and solar parks, solar park connection lines, as well as related infrastructure;
- Cost estimate and financial and economic analyzes of the project;
- Analysis and proposal of the commercial and institutional framework for the development of the project;
- Project environmental and social management framework.
The planned date for the start of services is September 2022 for a duration of approximately 45 weeks.
The WAPP General Secretariat invites Consultants to apply to provide the services described above. Interested consultants must provide information on their capacity and experience demonstrating that they are qualified for the services (documentation, reference of similar services, experience in comparable missions, availability of qualified personnel, etc.). Consultants can form an association to increase their chances of qualification.
The eligibility criteria, the establishment of the shortlist and the selection procedure will be in accordance with the "Procurement framework for operations financed by the Bank Group", October 2015 edition, which is available on the website of the Bank at the address: http://www.afdb.org.
Specifically, consultants must demonstrate that they have:
- relevant experience and skills in the preparation (pre-feasibility study, feasibility study, network study, design, etc.) of cross-border high voltage interconnection projects covering at least two countries;
- relevant experience and skills in the preparation (site selection, pre-feasibility study, feasibility study, network study, design, etc.) of solar park projects of at least 50 MWp;
- relevant experience and skills in studying the route of a high voltage line (at least 225 kV) for cross-border interconnection covering at least two countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- relevant experience and skills in summary environmental and social assessment, in preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), preparation of Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) and Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) of cross-border interconnection high-voltage line of at least 225 kV covering at least two countries and at least 500 km in length. Relevant experiences in sub-Saharan Africa would be an asset.
Consultants must present their references with details of the activities actually carried out, information related to the requirements of the above criteria (countries concerned by the interconnection, voltage level, length, capacity of the solar park) and the dates of the references. Any reference that does not clearly state this information will not be considered.
Interested consultants may obtain additional information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
All expressions of interest must be submitted in French. Due to the Covid-19 crisis, submissions must be made online in PDF format and sent by email no later than March 14, 2022 at 10 a.m. (Cotonou time) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest must clearly bear in the subject of the e-mail the mention: “AMI for the Prefeasibility Study of the Dorsal High Voltage Electrical Interconnection Project of the Sahel”.
A shortlist of six firms will be drawn up following the call for expressions of interest and the consultation will be carried out in accordance with the AfDB Rules of Procedure for the use of Consultants. It should be noted that the interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Client to include him in the shortlist.
Candidates wishing to participate in the opening of the applications received, which will be done online, must send a request to the address of Mr. Mouhamadou Salif DIEDHIOU via email@example.com no later than March 7, 2022 and the link to join the virtual meeting will be communicated to them.