The General secretariat of the West African Power Pool has recieved funding from the World Bank to finance the Solar Development Project in Sub-Saharan Africa and intends to use part of this fund to make payments under the West African Solar Campaign.
The General Secretariat of the West African Power Pool (WAPP) requests closed offers from eligible bidders who meet the qualifications required to provide the following services:
- Visit the sites proposed in each of the 14 continental ECOWAS countries and, and choose the optimal site (s) for measurement equipment in each country;
- Provide high-quality measurement equipment for each site during the project period, for a total of 28 to 30 equipment in accordance with the technical specifications specified in the Tender Documents;
- Make the necessary arrangements to obtain permits and access the site;
- Provide two years of high quality “bankable” meteorological data, useful for the evaluation of solar resources and the development of solar projects;
- Deliver the data, each month as described in the CAD;
- Ensure maintenance, security, cleaning / monitoring on site and take into account extreme weather phenomena and corrosion;
- Ensure capacity building at all stages of the measurement campaign;
- Possibly dismantle the equipment of all sites at the end of the measurement campaign, unless separate agreements are made with one or more host establishments to continue the measurements outside of this mission / contract.
The procedure will be conducted through international competition using a Call for Tenders (AO) as defined in the “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” of the World Bank, July 2016 Edition (revised in November 2017) (“Procurement Regulations”) and open to all bidders from eligible countries as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
Interested and eligible Bidders can obtain information from the WAPP via email@example.com
copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or read the tender documents during working hours (09: 00-13: 00 am to 2: 00-6: 00 pm) at the West African Power Secretariat, Zone des Ambassades, PK6, Akpakpa, Cotonou.
The Tender Documents are available in French and in English and can be sent free of charge to any interested Bidder by making a written request by email to: email@example.com with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Offers must be delivered to the address below no later than March 9, 2020 at 10:00 am Cotonou local time.
The submission of tenders by electronic means will not be authorized. Any offer received by the WAPP after the expiration of the deadline for submission of offers will be rejected. Tenders will be opened in the presence of the tenderers' representatives and those present at the West African Power Secretariat, Zone des Ambassades, PK6, Akpakpa at 10:00am local Time.
Offers must be accompanied by a Bank Guarantee for the offer, for an amount of: US$60,000 (sixty thousand United States Dollars) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. The warranty must conform to the model provided in the tender documents.
The address referred to above is:
Attn: Mr. Siengui A. KI, Secretary General
West African Power Pool
PK-6 - Zone des Ambassades,
06 BP 2907 - Cotonou - Benin