(Project ID: P 113266)
Grant N°: IDA-H7700
RECRUITMENT OF AN ELECTROMECHANICAL SPECIALIST
(Reference N°: BJ-WAPP-64399-CS-INDV)
- The WEST AFRICAN POWER POOL (WAPP) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Integration and Technical Assistance Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services to be provided by two Panels of Experts (PoEs): (a) Dam Safety Technical Panel and; (b) Social-Environmental Panel.
- The WAPP SG will contract directly each member of the Panels on an individual basis.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) require the expertise of an Electromechanical Specialist to provide an independent and high-level engineering evaluation of Projects as it relates to dam safety. The Electromechanical Specialist will be part of the Dam Safety Technical Panel.
- Members of the PoEs will be requested to provide advisory services and make evaluation and recommendations with the overall purpose of achieving adequacy, efficiency, safety and cost effectiveness of the Project(s) as well as sustainability (including mitigation or compensation of negative environmental, social, and health and safety impacts).
- The WEST AFRICAN POWER POOL now invites eligible individual (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services as Electromechanical Specialist. The Consultants are asked to provide (i) a signed cover letter of interest demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services; and (ii) a signed, detailed and updated CV.
- The key requirements for this position are summarized below.
- Professional Experience
- At least an Engineering Degree or Master Level (MSc.).
- At least 20 years of professional experience in the design of hydro-mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment for hydropower dam projects and interconnection to the grid;
- International experience in at least 5 hydropower projects as key technical staff and/or expert;
- Expertise covering key design aspects of turbine, generators, transformers, control and protection, instrumentation, switchyard, gates, hoists, cranes, and their integration in the hydropower scheme and the grid;
- Hands on experience in SCADA, balance of plants, operation & maintenance of hydropower plants and dam monitoring would be evaluated favorably;
- Working knowledge of power grids & operation structures and competences in generation planning, valuation of power, load-supply balance and reliability analysis will also be considered an asset.
- Skills and competencies
- Knowledge of World Bank dam safety policies, and, ideally, regulations in ECOWAS region would be a significant advantage;
- Fluency in English and advanced written and reading skills in French;
- Master of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.);
- Capability to work effectively in a team;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The detailed Terms of Reference for the assignment (“Terms of Reference for the Recruitment of Panels of Experts for Dams & Hydropower Projects”- 27August 2018) can be found at the following WAPP website: http://www.ecowapp.org/en/tenders
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection method for individual consultant set out in the Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011-Revised July 2014).
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Consultant Guidelines above setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Further information can be obtained via mail addressed to:
copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org and: email@example.com
- Interested candidates are invited to apply strictly online sending their applications to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to: email@example.com
- Deadline for receipt of applications is by 30 October 2018, 13h00 Cotonou time.