CORRECTION to the notice of expression of interest
The first of the 5 criteria is modified as follows:
- Have carried out in the last ten years at least five similar studies (solar, thermal, hydroelectric, hybrid power plants, etc.) of at least 10 MW, hydro-agricultural developments of more than 100 ha and HV power lines of at least 132 kV and 'a length of at least 10 km), of which at least one (1) in West Africa ”
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – SELECTION OF FIRMS)
Country: Multinational-West African Power Pool (Niger)
Project: Solar development project in sub-Saharan Africa (phase 1)
Project Identification No: P162580
Assignment Title: Environmental and social impact study (ESIA) and the population resettlement action plan (PAR) for the construction of a regional solar park project in Niger
The General Secretariat of the West African Power Pool (WAPP), a specialized institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) received a donation from the International Development Association (IDA) and intends to use a portion of this funding to make payments for Consulting Services.
The Consulting Services (Services) include the Environmental and Social Impact Study (ESIA) and the Population Resettlement Action Plan (PAR) for the construction of a regional solar park project in Niger.
The specific objectives of the study are as follows:
- Contribute to the validation of the site(s) from an environmental, social and geotechnical point of view through the development of studies through a social and environmental assessment;
- Gather relevant information about the project area in order to provide key elements for the project design;
- Carry out an Environmental and Social Impact Study (ESIA), an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) and a Resettlement Action Plan (PAR) per site and per connection line with the support necessary for the '' acceptability of the studies by the donors and the obtaining of the Certificate of Environmental Conformity relating to the 150 MWp regional solar park project
- Guarantee the consultation and participation of stakeholders (communities and organizations concerned) regarding the implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan by developing a Stakeholder Engagement Plan (PEPP) and a Complaints and Recourse Management Mechanism (MGP) .
The level of effort to be provided is estimated at 30 man-months. The total execution period of the mission is estimated at 48 weeks in the case of carrying out the ESIA, the ESMP and the detailed RAP. It is estimated at 40 weeks in the case of carrying out the ESIA, the ESMP in addition to a summary PAR which will provide information and indications on the terms of compensation / compensation will be provided in the ESIA report and at the ESMP. The planned start date for the assignment is June 2021.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be viewed and / or downloaded from the following website: www.ecowapp.org/en/tenders
Please note that these ToRs are indicative and could change before the publication of the “Request for Proposals”.
The WAPP General Secretariat invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The pre-selection criteria are:
- Have carried out in the last ten years at least five similar studies (solar, thermal, hydroelectric, hybrid power plants, etc.) of at least 10 MW, hydro-agricultural developments of more than 100 ha and HV power lines of at least 132 kV and 'a length of at least 10 km) in West Africa;
- Have a good knowledge of the laws and regulations of the Republic of Niger on land management and expropriation for public utility and proven capacity in environmental and social studies, gender-based violence and land management, including the World Bank's environmental and social safeguard policies on land acquisition / use / restrictions and involuntary resettlement;
- Ensure the availability of permanent staff with strong technical expertise in ESIA with proven capabilities in the development of solar projects in accordance with the principles of sustainable development. The Consultant must prove that he has among his permanent staff at least 3 key experts whose expertise is required for the present services.
- Have a good knowledge of the West Africa region
- Present evidence of all reference information provided.
Key experts will not be assessed at the screening stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” of the World Bank, November 2020 Edition (Procurement Regulations), setting out the World Bank's policy on conflicts of interest.
Consultants can join with other firms to form an association (joint venture) to increase their chances of qualifying, but must clearly indicate whether the association is a joint venture and / or a subcontractor. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners of the association are jointly and severally liable for the entire performance of the contract if they are selected.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the “Procurement Regulations”
Further information can be obtained at the address below.
cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest must be presented in writing in French. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, PDF demonstrations must be submitted by email exclusively. The demonstrations will be sent no later than February 15, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time in Cotonou to the secure address email@example.com
Applications will clearly include the subject line "Expression of interest in the ESIA Study and the PAR for the construction of a regional solar park project in Niger -Ref. BJ-WAPP-172294-CS-QCBS »
The submission of files in paper form is not authorized and submissions in hard copy form will not be opened and evaluated. Any bid that reaches the WAPP after the expiration of the bid submission deadline set out above will be rejected. Candidates who wish to participate online in the opening of the events will send a request to the address below no later than February 10, 2021 and the link to connect will be sent to them on February 13, 2021.
Mr Mouhamadou S. Diedhiou Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The opening minutes of expressions of interest received will be sent to all bidders immediately after the opening.