The General Secretariat of the West African Power Pool (WAPP) organized the 38th Meeting of the WAPP Executive Board at its Headquarters on 7 April 2018.
The Meeting was presided over by the Board Chairperson, Mr. Usman Gur Mohammed. The purpose of the meeting was to consider and adopt the following:
- Report of the 37th Meeting of the Executive Board;
- Report of the 18th Meeting of the Finance Committee on secure cross-border exchanges payments in the WAPP Regional Electricity Market;
- Report of the 19th Meeting of WAPP Finance Committee on the recruitment of an External Auditor for WAPP Secretariat;
- Report of the 13th Meeting of WAPP Human Resources and Governance Committee on the adoption of business plans for the Centers of Excellence of Abomey-Calavi (Bénin), Cap-des-Biches (Sénégal) and Kainji (Nigeria);
- Memorandum on the Grid Connected Solar Electricity Development in Sub-Saharan Africa Project;
- Memorandum on the Appointment of the Members of WAPP Organizational Committees.
At the end of the meeting, the following Resolutions were adopted:
- Résolution WAPP/243/RES.07/04/18 relating to the Adoption of the Final Reports of the Business Plans for the Centers of Excellence of Abomey-Calavi (Benin), Cap Des Biches (Senegal), and Kainji (Nigeria);
- Résolution WAPP/244/RES.07/04/18 authorizing the Secretary General to negotiate, sign and implement a Funding Agreement with the World Bank for the Identification and Preparation of Solar Regional Projects to increase the generation of solar energy and strengthen its Integration in Interconnected Power Systems In Sub-Saharan Africa Project: Phase 1 - West Africa;
- Résolution WAPP/245/RES.07/04/18 appointing the Members of the Engineering And Operating Committee (EOC), the Strategic Planning And Environment Committee (SPEC), the Finance Committee (FC), the Human Resources And Governance Committee (HRGC) and the Distribution and Commercial Committee (DCC) of the West African Power Pool for the Year 2018;
- Résolution Wapp/246/Res.07/04/18 relating to the Securing of Payments within the Framework ojf Cross-Border Electricity Exchanges.