REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST 020 - C- WAPP/ITAP/2018
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION
SECTOR SKILLS REVIEW ON THE ELECTRICITY SUB-SECTOR IN WEST AFRICA
(IDA GRANT N° H770-3A)
PROJECT ID: P113266
1. The West African Power Pool (WAPP) Secretariat’s, a specialized ECOWAS institution, has received financing from the World Bank for the WAPP integration & technical assistance project.
2. The WAPP intends to apply part of the proceeds of Integration and Technical Assistance Project’s for consulting services for a study on “Sector skills review on the electricity sub-sector in West Africa”. The institutions (governments, utilities, development and financial institutions, etc.) involved in sector planning, project preparation, project implementation and infrastructure operation and maintenance are facing difficulties in recruiting skilled professionals in the sector. The training offers are few, and the risk of skilled professional shortage is looming ahead, especially because of aging workforce and many power engineers and system experts reaching retirement age in the next decade. Furthermore, the number of power engineers being trained in various universities in the region may be not adequate to the market demand.
3. The objective of the study is to conduct a skills review of the subsector to identify and fill the gaps. This assignment will focus on:
• The identification of the skills gaps in the electricity subsector;
• Explore options to address them, and;
• Recommend policy measures and actions (including HR-driven) to fill them over the short, medium and long term.
The Consultant will prepare a Sector Skills report on the Electricity Subsector in West Africa including a proposed set of 2-3 specialized areas of higher education and research that could help meet the training needs for the Electricity Sub-sector in West Africa. The duration of assignment is up to 65 business days from the signature of the contract.
4. The WAPP General Secretariat now invites eligible Consultants interested to provide (i) a signed cover letter of interest demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and; (ii) a signed, detailed and updated CV.
6. The detailed terms of reference may be downloaded from WAPP website http://www.ecowapp.org (“call for tenders” section). Further information can be obtained at the adress below:
Tel: (+229) 64 95 70 14 (+229 ) 61 03 29 29
7. The applications, in French or English, shall be sent by email to the following address:
8. The selection of the Consultants will be based on the World Bank’s Guidelines “Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD loans and IDA credits & grants by the World Bank borrowers” (January 2011).
11. The deadline for the submissions of applications is February 25th, 2017.