West African Power Pool (WAPP) comprises four governing structures:
- The General Assembly
- The Executive Board
- The Organizational Committees
- The General Secretariat
The General Assembly (GA)
This is a highest decision body of WAPP and is composed of all the members’ utilities. To date the WAPP comprises 29 member’s utilities.
The Executive Board (EB)
The EB is responsible of implementing the decisions of the General Assembly. To this effect, it has been the largest power to ensure the realisation of WAPP mission and objectives.
To date, the EB is composed of 15 members namely:
- 13 Directors General and Managing Directors and Chiefs Executives Officers of ECOWAS national power utilities
- The Secretary General
- An Honorary Member
The Organizational Committees (OC)
The OC provide support and expertise to the Executive Board on all matters in respect of collective policy formulation functions for developing, maintaining and updating common ‘rules of practices’ on technical, planning, operational and environmental aspects of WAPP.
WAPP has five OC namely:
- The Engineering and Operations Committee (EOC)
- The Strategic Planning and Environment Committee (SPEC)
- The Finance Committee (FC)
- The Human Resource and Governance Committee (HRGC)
- The Distribution and Commercial Committee (CDC)
The General Secretariat
The General Secretariat is the administrative and technical organ in charge of the day–to-day management of the activities of WAPP.
The General Secretariat is composed of three Departments namely:
- The Department of Information and Coordination Centre
- The Department of Administration & Finance
- The Department of Planning, Investments Programming and Environmental Safeguards