REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: Multinational-West African Power Exchange System (WAPP);
Project Identification Number: P162933
Project: 330 kV WAPP NIGERIA – BENIN – TOGO – GHANA - CÔTE D’IVOIRE MEDIAN INTERCONNECTION PROJECT
Assignment title: FEASIBILITY STUDY AND PREPARATION OF BIDDING DOCUMENTS
The West African Power Pool (WAPP) Secretariat, a Specialized Institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), headquartered in Cotonou, Republic of Benin, has applied for a Grant from the World Bank and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for the Feasibility Study and the Preparation of Bidding Documents of the 330 kV WAPP Nigeria – Benin – Togo – Ghana - Côte d’Ivoire Double Circuit Median Interconnection Project.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
Feasibility study :
- Determination of technical feasibility of the project;
- Economic and financial evaluation of the project including Risk and Sensitivity Analyses;
- Preliminary Engineering design at feasibility level and preparation of functional specifications;
- Proposal of an appropriate institutional framework and organization to be put in place that shall among others, minimize the risks of the project not being implemented within the best conditions of cost and time, and facilitate the coordinated operation of the interconnection when commissioned;
- Preliminary engineering, cost estimate and specifications for medium and low voltage systems, for conducting electrification of communities/villages/towns both around the indicated substations and along the entire line route using shield-wire technology and/or other appropriate technology;
Preparation of bidding documents:
- Preparation of Functional Bidding Documents;
- Proposal of Project Packaging suitable for Design and Build Procurement;
- Proposal of Levelized Transmission Cost (LTC);
- Update and/or Preparation of Commercial Agreements;
- Assistance during Negotiations.
- Training by transfer of technological know-how through training of counterpart staff in project preparati
The estimated level of effort is 75-85 professional staff-months. The implementation period is estimated at 62 weeks. The expected start date of assignment is March-April 2020.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.ecowapp.org/en/tenders.
Please note that these TOR are indicative and could change before the publication of the Request for Proposals.
Consultants Qualifications and Shortlisting Criteria
The West African Power Pool (WAPP) Secretariat now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: (i) Relevant experiences and competences in the preparation of Electricity Projects; (ii) Relevant experiences and competences in feasibility studies of high voltage (at least 220 kV) cross-border interconnection projects covering at least two countries (iii) Strong expertise and experience in establishment of commercial framework to operate interconnection lines, (iv) Strong expertise and experience in the definition of Institutional Framework to implement project including several countries (v) Knowledge of the Electricity Sector in West Africa.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the “Quality and Cost-based Selection” method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained via email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, copy to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted in French and English to the address below by September 16th, 2019, 10:00 AM. Please submit one original + 4 hard copies + an electronic version on USB in French and 2 hard copies + an electronic version of the EOI translated in English.
West African Power Pool (WAPP)
Attn: M. Siengui Apollinaire KI, Secretary General
Zone des Ambassades, PK6, Akpakpa
06 BP 2907 Cotonou
Républic of Bénin
Tel. +229 21374195 / 71 44, Fax. +229 21374197.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in sealed envelopes bearing the mention: “EOI for Feasibility Study and Preparation of Bidding Documents of WAPP Median Interconnection Project”.