The General Secretariat of the West African Power Pool (WAPP) organized the 34 th Meeting of the WAPP Executive Board on April 29, 2017 at Azalaï Hotel in Cotonou
As a prelude to this meeting of the Executive Board, several other meetings were also held at Azalaï Hotel.
- Preliminary meetings
- Roundtable of Technical and Financial Partners (TFP) of WAPP North Core Project. It was held on April 25 and 26, 2017, to establish the project financing plan, to agree on the project next steps and to discuss the institutional framework for the project implementation.
- Round Table of Technical and Financial Partners of Guinea - Mali Interconnection.It was held on April 27, 2017 and allowed the participants to establish the project financing plan, agree on the project next steps and discuss the institutional framework for project implementation. This meeting made it possible to complete the financing of the project.
- Meeting of WAPP Technical and Financial Partners. . It was held on April 28, 2017 and provided an opportunity for WAPP to review the status of priority projects underway and to present funding needs. The TFP confirmed their readiness to finance WAPP projects.
- Meeting of the Executive Board
Held under the chairmanship of the outgoing Vice-Chairperson, Mr. Djibril Salifou, the purpose of the meeting was to consider and adopt, inter alia:
- The report of the 12th meeting of the Human Resources and Governance Committee (HRGC) on the implementation of a resolution amending the WAPP Settlement Agreement to enable the Information and Coordination Centre (ICC) to act as System and Market Operator during the first phase of the regional electricity market implementation.
- The 12th meeting’s report of the Human Resources and Governance Committee (HRGC) on WAPP gender policy.
- Various Memoranda.
At the end of the Executive Board meeting, the following can be noted:
- The establishment of a taskforce to define the new responsibilities of the ICC in order to enable it to function as Regional the System and Market Operator during the 1st phase of the Regional Electricity Market implementation.
- The Adoption of the Gender and Equity Assessment Report as well as WAPP's Gender and Equity Policy. The slogan is « Women in WAPP: a sure value ».
- The Election of a new Chairman of the Executive Board in place of Dr Abubakar T. Atiku; Mr. Usman Gur Mohammed, new MD / CEO of TCN.
- The Election of a new Vice-Chairman of the Executive Board in place of Mr Djibril Salifou; Mr. Amidou Traoré, CEO of CI-ENERGIES.
Meeting of the Executive Board
From left to right : M. Usman Gur Mohamed (WAPP Chairman), M. Siengui Apollinaire Ki (Secretary General), M. Amidou Traoré (Vice- Chairman)