Within the supervision of the Director of PIPES, the Bilingual Secretary will provide qualitative assistance to the D/PIPES to ensure smooth, efficient and effective operations for a variety of administrative and secretarial functions of the PIPES’s office and the Department of PIPES as a whole, using his/her academic & professional qualifications as well as French & English language skills.
The Bilingual Secretary reports to the Director of PIPES.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Bilingual Assistant’s key tasks shall be:
- First source of Information for internal and external enquirers
- Reception of visitors and telephone calls
- Manage D/PIPES’s diaries
- Format and enhance the quality of written texts in English and French
- Handle all PIPES Department incoming and outgoing correspondences
- Draft correspondences for D/PIPES and follow-up on outstanding matters if required
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing and archiving of PIPES Department Documents
- Help with the organization of the work of the department team
- Manage PIPES Department stationary store by receiving replenishments, issuing request and initiating replenishment of items
- Assist in the preparation and conduct PIPES Department meetings and if needed WAPP meetings
- Prepare minutes/reports of meetings in English and/or French
- Draft and/or Translate documents using French and/or English languages
- Perform any other further duties related to the role of Bilingual Secretary that may be assigned to her/him.
Academic and Professional Qualifications Required:
A Level Diploma + Degree or Professional qualification in Secretaryship
Bilingual Language Training License or Certificate (English & French) or equivalent
Professional Years’ Experience:
At least six years’ experience in secretarial work.
An experience in an international organization would be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Skills: The applicant shall have:
- Proficient in all the techniques and tools of Office Automation (Draft and format documents, adapt to different inquirers, Filter and disseminate information, Draft meeting minutes, Master the techniques of taking Notes and Scanning, Manage Databases)
- Very good knowledge of Oral and editorial communication rules and techniques, administrative editorial and word processing and Office Management.
- Detailed knowledge of modern office procedures,
- Skills in administrative staff management,
- Competences in organization of events,
- Excellent oral and editorial expression in French and English,
- Receive and record telephonic messages in English and French languages
- Ability in document management, filing and archiving,
- Register and classify documents following a filing plan
- Proficient in word processing software, spreadsheets and MS Office,
- Have proven abilities in word processing/typing & format rules
- Electronic and hard copy compilation and filing of reports
- Versatility and highly developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while attending to small details.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to work in a team,
- Proficiency in this use of IT tools such as MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook…)
- Have a high sense of integrity, objectivity, tact, discretion, confidentiality and professional ethics,
- Good judgment, good initiative, strong sense of responsibility for different cultures and for timelines and demands of a job well done,
- Have an excellent relationship skills and maintain at all times a professional decorum
- Ability to adapt and work in a multicultural environment
Oral and Editorial proficiency in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language
Particular & Application information:
Particular Conditions of Work:
Possible extended working hours including weekends in occasionally stressful environment
Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment.
The position is on Grade G5 of the WAPP Secretariat Pay Scale. The starting point will depend on the qualifications and experience of the incumbent. The WAPP Secretariat offers a competitive compensation packages comparable to those offered by similar regional/international organizations.
Applicants must be a WAPP Member State Citizen. WAPP is an equal opportunity employer that offers equal chances to men and women. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Both internal and external candidates are encouraged to apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for this position must apply online by visiting the following link: http://www.ecowapp.org/careers
All Applications must be submitted online. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Applications sent after the required submission deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process.