37th Meeting of the WAPP Executive Board
The General Secretariat of the West African Power Pool (WAPP) organized the 37th Meeting of the WAPP Executive Board at Alisa Hotel in Accra on 2 November 2017.
The Meeting was presided over by the Board Chairperson, Mr. Usman Gur Mohammed. The purpose of the meeting was to consider and adopt the following:
- Report of the 36th Meeting of the Executive Board;
- Activity Report of the Secretary General;
- Memorandum on the Reporting of the Internal Auditor to the WAPP General Secretariat;
- Report of the joint meeting of the WAPP Organizational Committees;
- Memorandum on the designation of rotating members of the Executive Board.
At the end of the meeting, the following Resolutions were adopted:
- Adoption of the Activity Report of the Secretary General for the period from November 2016 to October 2017;
- Designation of CENIT Energy Limited (CEL) of Ghana, Compagnie Energie Electrique du Togo (CEET), Electricity Distribution and Supply Authority (EDSA) of Sierra Leone as the three rotating members of the Executive Board of WAPP for the period from December 2017 to November 2019;
- Reporting of the Internal Auditor to the WAPP General Secretariat;
- Renewal of tenure of the Secretary General of WAPP, Mr Siengui Apollinaire KI.
Other decisions can also be noted:
- Presentation of the newly appointed Director of the Information and Coordination Center (ICC), Mr. Abdul Kadir Nazif from Nigeria.
- Adoption of the Report of the joint meeting of WAPP Organizational Committees.